Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Patriotic Eagle


Today I did an eagle, it was just an eagle at first but then I added the flag. The point of this, or the reason I drew this, was for an art contest based on patriotic.  And this is what I came up with. An eagle with a flag behind it and the flag is supposed to look like its moving in the wind, and so I tried to make the picture have an affect like that on it. I added a lot of my own touches and my own design for the arrangements of the eagle and flag. When you do something like this, finishing touches are the number one thing you need to keep in mind; shading was especially the most important part in this. But let’s get started on how to draw!

1.          Start with getting your pencil, paper, and the picture of who/what you’re drawing. The three P’s, as what I call it.
2.        Draw the outline of the shape/ figure of what you’re drawing. (You don’t need to do it exactly what the picture is like that your using, put your own creative part in the drawing.)
3.         Outline the whole thing make sure the whole body of what you are drawing is made out on the paper.
4.        Add the eyes, mouth, or in this case beak, and start with the feather shape on the eagle.
5.        Start adding more exact detail in the eagle’s eye, and feathers.
6.         Add the background, the flag, to make it look like its waving in the wind, add shading.
7.        Now start adding the marks in the beak, eyes, feathers, so it’s realistic.
8.        Make sure it’s looking real, you want the eagle to look real, the eyes, and feather is most important.
9.        Continue shading the flag, the eagle feathers, eyes, the beak, everywhere in the picture to make it look real, and alive!
10.   When done with everything, spray it with hairspray so nothing smears on the picture, then you’re done!

Thankyou!!

8 comments:

  1. There is only one word for this and that is WOW!!! You are a awesome drawer and i like how you are teaching us how to draw.It's awesome Gabby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!! I love your blog!!! Now I know how to draw the awesome Justin Beiber!!!! So cool Gabby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good!!!! I will try to draw. (Doubt that I could draw as amazing as you though.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabby You are an amazing Drawer if that is even a word! its awsome.

    ReplyDelete